Business Web Services
Online service interruption
This service will be unavailable for use on Wednesday, February 21, 2024, between 5 and 7 am Eastern time due to maintenance. We apologize in advance for any inconvenience this may cause. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding.
Sign in to your Business Web Services secure account
Starting July 31, 2023, you'll need to set up multi-factor authentication if you are:
- creating an account using GCKey
- using GCKey to sign into an existing account
Multi-factor authentication helps protect your identity and personal information when you access your account. Should you have difficulty with the new Secure Sign-In process, please visit GCKey help.
Notice: Handgun regulatory changes
On October 21, 2022, the Government of Canada brought into force amendments to Firearms Regulations, impacting the transfer and transportation of handguns in Canada. These amendments affect handgun transfer applications submitted via Business Web Services.
A Chief Firearms Officer will only be able to authorize the transfer of a handgun to an individual if that individual meets the criteria of acceptable exemptions.
Government of Canada defers implementation of the Firearms Marking Regulations.
The requirements of the Firearms Marking Regulations are deferred to December 1, 2025.
On this page
Access to Business Web Services
When you sign in to the link below, you can:
- register firearms
- transfer registered firearms
- verify a buyer's licence for a non-restricted firearms transfer
- get copies of registration certificate reports
- access your firearm inventory information
- consult the Firearms Reference Table (FRT)
To access Canadian Firearms Program services for businesses online you must complete a one-time sign up:
- Step 1: register for a GCKey account.
- Step 2: sign up for Business Web Services through a personalized RCMP account.
Each employee at your business using Business Web Services must have their own account for your services to be secure.
Once completed you will log into Business Web Services through two levels of security:
- Step 1: log in to the Government of Canada GCKey website.
- Step 2: log in to Business Web Services using the business licence number and Business Identification Number (BIN).
Update your employee information
Businesses must inform the Canadian Firearms Program of any changes to employees listed on their business firearms licence.
Adding or removing employees
To give an employee access or remove access to Business Web Services, please ensure they are updated to the business licence by having the owner, partner, director or someone indicated by the business as a person in a prescribed relationship, contact the office of the Chief Firearms Officer for your province or territory.
- Date modified: